Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I started off with a terrible head cold that laid me up for days. I sincerely hope most of you started off 2017 better. On that note here are all the updates for what I plan to do in the new year.
Goals for my writing/the year:
- Building Mailing List – I’d like to get a mailing list so when I have giveaways and such, I can let everyone who is interested know.
- Finish Writing The Gate Trilogy (I expect this to happen within the next month)
- Get all 3 covers done for The Gate Trilogy, reveal the first one.
- Publish The Sixth Gate on July 7, 2017
- Finish editing all 3 books – get ready for Beta readers.
- Choose which book to have done for Audio Book
- Find a ‘voice’ for the audio book and pick a date for release next spring (2018).
- Send a poll in the fall for which book through Mailing List
- Start writing next book. Decide between 1001 Islands #2, Unfathomable Chance #2, or the new YA Fantasy novel – Temporum: The Four Seasons.
- Work on Seven Eves – Alaskan Supernatural Crime Novel
- Edit and get to Beta Readers An Honest Misunderstanding and consider publishing (maybe just on Wattpad).
- Breathe new life into my Historical Mystery Novella. Finish writing ‘The Red Door’ – SO MUCH REWRITING/EDITING!
- Editing/rewrite Truthseer
- Participate in NaNoWriMo
- Keep up momentum on writing events, speaking events, and conventions.
- Read 45 books.
I have created two mailing lists. One for Romance readers and another for Fantasy/Sci-fi readers. I’m hoping to send out discounts, deals, giveaways, sample chapters, and cover reveals of all my books. Not to mention upcoming releases and my decision on which books will first go to audio (that’s right!). I’m preparing for a giveaway shortly, make sure you get on the list!
Sign up here: Mailing Lists
I am painfully close to finishing the last book in The Gate Trilogy. Book 1 releases on July 7, 2017. I had the artist who said they were going to do it bail so I need to find a new artist, I may have a line on one of them to do all 3 covers. I’ll get everything ready for publication over the next 5 years.
After completion of The Gate Trilogy I’ll be ready to start on my next project. There are three items that are at the forefront of that race. In no particular order these are my possible next writing projects:
- 1001 Islands #2
- Unfathomable Chance #2
- Temporum: The Four Seasons A new project that I want to do for my good friend Nicky. It is a YA Fantasy that is contemporary and involves the main character ‘falling’ into another world.
- Another project that I’m working on as well is Seven Eves. An Alaskan Supernatural Crime Novel. This may move to the forefront of my attention until I can make a decision on what of the above projects to take on first.
I also have a few projects I’d like to revive. Namely Truthseer (a book I wrote for my sister but needs to be fixed/worked on before future publication) and The Red Door (a historical mystery novel set in New York City, 1899). I finished rewriting/editing An Honest Misunderstanding some time ago, but I’ve decided to look at publishing. Either to eBook or on Wattpad…or maybe both!
I’ve decided that one of my published books is going to go to Audiobook. I have to decide on just one and I’m very torn. I’ll be sending out a poll to help decide so I’m hoping everyone will sign up to the mailing list and help me make a decision Fall 2017.
Happy to announce that I’ll have other writing events around town and in the Southcoast area in Alaska. I’m very excited about all these events. SenshiCon was amazing last year and I hope to meet as many amazing people this year as I did last year! My first one is next weekend which is Yuki Fest – here is their Facebook Page.
It is my goal to read 45 books. Goodreads Reading Challenge is all set up and tracking me. Apparently I’m 1 book ahead of schedule – yay! I want at least 50% of these to be indie authors so make sure to check out my submission/review policy page if you’d like me to consider reading/reviewing your book.